Monday, April 6, 2009

Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness

One issue that people have when facing the daunting task of losing weight and getting in shape is thinking that there is a quick fix, a miracle of some kind that they can pursue, rather than putting in the hard work. I am here to tell you - SORRY - that is simply not the case!

This news can be a tough pill to swallow when we are surrounded by media talking of bailouts and stimulus packages. Bottom line is that in order to effect you personal well-being, you have to sign up to do the hard work yourself. The good news is, it can be done. IT IS POSSIBLE!

For those of you who have not met me, have no idea what I really look like (better photo on the blog coming soon!), you are probably thinking who is this chick? She is probably some size 4 wearing, 5' 10", high-metabolism, runner who eats whatever she wants. Easy for her to say.

I have to let you know, that is not the case.

I am, in fact, a 5' 8", over 150 lbs. (OK, over 160 lbs.!), meaty, "athletic build" (HA!), tree trunk-thickness leg-toting, size 10-12 (depends) women who has to constantly weigh the questions: What did I do today to burn calories? What can I eat?

April is the month that I celebrate my weight loss success. I lost 100 lbs. in one year, meeting that goal in April 2006. I started out by simply power walking at least 3 days per week in 1 hour doses and watching what I ate. I limited myself to one Diet Coke and one 100 calorie sweet treat per day. I simply did what I could to address my heftiness & lack of fitness by coming up with my own "plan" after reading a ton of magazine and seeing a ton of weight loss ads and talk show topics on TV while I was on maternity leave with my daughter spring of 2005.

You know what you need to do, don't you? You at least have a slight idea of how to start. So why not? Why not make today that day and start? It will not be easy. There will be bumps in the road. But would you rather face a few of those bumps them the ones facing you in the mirror today?

I dedicate this point of view to this amazing country we live in, the greatest country in the world - The United States of America. We are free. Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness are ours for the taking! Start to find your happiness today in how you feel and how you look. You will be amazed at what you can do if you put your mind to it. And please come back here, because I am dedicated to supporting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment